For Piano (Novegno)
||Hermann Beck (1929-1980)
||Neue Mozart-Ausgabe, Serie IV, Werkgruppe 11,|
Sinfonien [NMA IV/114]
Kassel: Bärenreiter-Verlag, 1960. Plate BA 4522.
This “urtext” or “scholarly” (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in Germany and thus is public domain in its country of origin. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum ‘threshold of originality’ to qualify for copyright as an ‘adaptation’. It may not be public domain elsewhere, however. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
⇒ 7 more: Oboe 1, 2 • Bassoon 1, 2 • Horn 1, 2 (E♭) • Trumpet 1, 2 (E♭) • Violins I, II • Violas • Cellos and Basses
⇒ 8 more: Oboes 1/2 • Bassoons 1/2 • Horns 1/2 (E♭) • Trumpets 1/2 (B♭) • Violins I • Violins II • Violas • Cellos and Basses
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano 4 Hands (Markull)
For Piano (Novegno)
||26. Sinfonie; Symphony No. 26; Symfonie nr. 26; Симфонія № 26 (Моцарт); Symfoni nr. 26 av Mozart; Mozart: 26. szimfónia; 交響曲第26番 (モーツァルト); Sinfonía n.º 26 (Mozart); Sinfonia n. 26; Симфония № 26; Symphonie nº 26 de Mozart; Simfonia núm. 26; 26η Συμφωνία; Simfonio Numero 26; İyirmi altıncı simfoniya (Motsart); Simfonija br. 26 (Mozart)
||Sinfonie Es-Dur KV 184; Symfonie nr. 26 (Mozart)
||WorldCat; Wikipedia; VIAF: 293508896; BNF: 13914945r
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||K.184 ; K⁶.161a
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- Molto presto
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1773 (March 30)
||1809 – Vienna: Stamperia chimica (arranged as a sextet)|
1840? – Artaria (piano duet)
1880 – Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel (full score)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Orchestra: 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons|
2 horns, 2 trumpets, strings
NMA report (German)
Mozart's Symphonies: Context, Performance Practice, Reception
Publishing history included arrangement published 1808 as a Gran sestetto concertante, arrangement published 1840 for piano duet by Louis Gall (symphony "Es-dur"- seems to have been this one, not no.39 or another of his symphonies in E-flat? One thinks this is the arrangement mentioned on NMA synopsis page d/11), and a Czerny arrangement for duet was published by Richault sometime around 1844 (Cotage/plates 7050 to 7055, in a group of 6 reduced symphonies (KV 181, 184, 425, 504, 550, 551).) Full score seems to have awaited the complete edition in the 1880s.
|Symphonies by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Symphony No.1 in E-flat major, K.16
- Symphony No.2 in B-flat major, K.17/Anh.C 11.02
- Symphony No.3 in E-flat major, K.18/Anh.A 51
- Symphony No.4 in D major, K.19
- Symphony No.5 in B-flat major, K.22
- Symphony No.6 in F major, K.43
- Symphony No.7 in D major, K.45
- Symphony No.8 in D major, K.48
- Symphony No.9 in C major, K.73/75a
- Symphony No.10 in G major, K.74
- Symphony No.11 in D major, K.84/73q (doubtful)
- Symphony No.12 in G major, K.110/75b
- Symphony No.13 in F major, K.112
- Symphony No.14 in A major, K.114
- Symphony No.15 in G major, K.124
- Symphony No.16 in C major, K.128
- Symphony No.17 in G major, K.129
- Symphony No.18 in F major, K.130
- Symphony No.19 in E-flat major, K.132
- Symphony No.20 in D major, K.133
- Symphony No.21 in A major, K.134
- Symphony No.22 in C major, K.162
- Symphony No.23 in D major, K.181/162b
- Symphony No.24 in B-flat major, K.182/173dA
- Symphony No.25 in G minor, K.183/173dB
- Symphony No.26 in E-flat major, K.184/161a
- Symphony No.27 in G major, K.199/161b
- Symphony No.28 in C major, K.200/189k
- Symphony No.29 in A major, K.201/186a
- Symphony No.30 in D major, K.202/186b
- Symphony No.31 in D major, K.297/300a 'Paris'
- Symphony No.32 in G major, K.318
- Symphony No.33 in B-flat major, K.319
- Symphony No.34 in C major, K.338
- Symphony No.35 in D major, K.385 'Haffner'
- Symphony No.36 in C major, K.425 'Linz'
- Symphony No.37 in G major, K.444/425a
(M. Haydn, intro. by Mozart)
- Symphony No.38 in D major, K.504 'Prague'
- Symphony No.39 in E-flat major, K.543
- Symphony No.40 in G minor, K.550
- Symphony No.41 in C major, K.551 'Jupiter'
- Symphony No.42 in F major, K.75 (doubtful)
- Symphony No.43 in F major, K.76/42a (doubtful)
- Symphony No.44 in D major, K.81/73l (doubtful)
- Symphony No.45 in D major, K.95/73n (doubtful)
- Symphony No.46 in C major, K.96/111b (doubtful)
- Symphony No.47 in D major, K.97/73m (doubtful)
- Symphony No.48 in D major, K.120/111a
- Symphony No.50 in D major, K.161/141a
- Symphony No.51 in D major, K.121/207a
- Symphony No.52 in C major, K.102/213c
- Symphony No.54 in B-flat major, K.Anh.216/Anh.C 11.03 (doubtful)
- Symphony No.55 in B-flat major, K.Anh.214/45b (doubtful)
- Symphony No.56 in F major, K.98/Anh.C 11.04 (doubtful)
- Symphony in A minor, K.Anh.220/16a 'Odense' (doubtful)
- Symphony in F major, K.Anh.223/19a
- Symphony in G major, K.Anh.221/45a 'Old Lambach'