⇒ 5 more: 2. Gloria • 3. Credo • 4. Sanctus • 5. Benedictus • 6. Agnus Dei
||Holograph manuscript, 1774.
||Walter Senn (1904-1981)
||Neue Mozart-Ausgabe, Serie I, Werkgruppe 1,|
Abteilung 1: Messen und Requiem: Messen, Bd.2 [NMA I/1Abt. 1/2] (pp.121-162)
Kassel: Bärenreiter-Verlag, 1975. Plate BA 4573.
This “urtext” or “scholarly” (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in Germany and thus is public domain in its country of origin. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum ‘threshold of originality’ to qualify for copyright as an ‘adaptation’. It may not be public domain elsewhere, however. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||This file is mirrored from the Neue Mozart-Ausgabe.
||Missa brevis No. 4; Missa brevis n.º 4; Missa brevis n° 4
||Missa brevis in D Major, K. 194; K. 194/186h
||WorldCat; Wikipedia; VIAF: 185922964; LCCN: n85373741; GND: 300109571; BNF: 139363570; NLA: 36002983
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||K.194 ; K⁶.186h
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Kyrie
- II. Gloria
- III. Credo
- IV. Sanctus
- V. Benedictus
- VI. Agnus Dei
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1793 - Augsburg: J.J. Lotter & Sohn
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Voices: soprano, alto, tenor, bass; mixed chorus (SATB)|
Orchestra: 3 trombones (colla parte), strings (no violas), continuo
NMA report (German)
Though the 1877 edition does not mention soloists, there are "tutti" and "solo" sections, and Grove Music lists SATB soloists and SATB chorus.
|Masses by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Missa brevis in G major, K.49/47d ("No.1")
- Missa brevis in D minor, K.65/61a ("No.2")
- Mass in C major, K.66 ("No.3" or "Dominicus")
- Missa solemnis in C minor, K.139/47a ("No.4" or "Waisenhaus")
- Missa brevis in G major, K.140/Anh.C 1.12 ("No.5" or "Pastoral", spurious)
- Missa brevis in F major, K.192/186f ("No.6")
- Mass in C major, K.167 ("No.7")
- Missa brevis in D major, K.194/186h ("No.8")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.220/196b ("No.9" or "Spatzenmesse")
- Mass in C major, K.257 ("No.10" or "Credo")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.258 ("No.11" or "Spaur")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.259 ("No.12" or "Organ Solo")
- Mass in C major, K.262/246a ("No.13" or "Missa longa")
- Missa brevis in B-flat major, K.275/272b ("No.14")
- Mass in C major, K.317 ("No.15" or "Coronation")
- Missa solemnis in C major, K.337 ("No.16" or "Missa aulica")
- Mass in C minor, K.427/417a ("No.17" or "Great", incomplete)
- Requiem in D minor, K.626 (unfinished)