||Moscow: Muzgiz, 1941. Plate M. 17169 Г.
||Some bad skew & lots and lots of artifacts. Not my scan, sorry
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano 4 Hands
||Moscow: Sovyetsky Kompozitor, 1959. Plate С 1040 К.
||According to the Russian State Library catalog, this arrangement was made by the composer.
||Symphony for Wind Band
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Maestoso - Allegro giocoso, E♭ major
- II. Moderato, G minor
- III. Andante serioso, B♭ major
- IV. Poco maestoso - Vivo, E♭ major
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
- Military Orchestra [of the Red Army?], I.V. Petrov (conductor)
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P260
||to the 21st anniversary of the Red Army
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Early 20th century
- piccolo, flute, 2 oboes, E♭ clarinet, 3 clarinets (B♭), 2 bassoons
4 horns (E♭), 2 trumpets (B♭), 3 trombones
timpani, triangle, snare drum, cymbals, bass drum
2 cornets (B♭), 2 alto horns (E♭), 3 tenor horns (B♭), baritone horn (B♭), 2 basses
Wikipedia article (Dutch)
The Moderato and Andante serioso middle movements were extracted (by the composer? yes? no?), arranged for string orchestra (likewise?) and were published (Moscow: Sovetsky Kompozitor, 1947); have been performed and also recorded as his 2 Pieces for String Orchestra, Op.46b.
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1935-36)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ major, Op.46 (1939)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)