This work is likely not in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1924, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments), nor in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Moscow: Muzgiz, 1941. Plate M. 17169 Г.
||Some bad skew & lots and lots of artifacts. Not my scan, sorry
||Symphony for Wind Band
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Maestoso - Allegro giocoso, E♭ major
- II. Moderato, G minor
- III. Andante serioso, B♭ major
- IV. Poco maestoso - Vivo, E♭ major
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
- Military Orchestra [of the Red Army?], I.V. Petrov (conductor)
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P260
||to the 21st anniversary of the Red Army
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Early 20th century
- piccolo, flute, 2 oboes, E♭ clarinet, 3 clarinets (B♭), 2 bassoons
2 altos saxophones (E♭), 3 tenor saxophones (B♭), baritone saxophone (B♭)
4 horns (E♭), 2 cornets (B♭), 2 trumpets (B♭), 3 trombones
timpani, triangle, snare drum, cymbals, bass drum, 2 basses
Wikipedia article (Dutch)
The Moderato and Andante serioso middle movements were extracted (by the composer? yes? no?), arranged for string orchestra (likewise?) and were published (Moscow: Sovetsky Kompozitor, 1947); have been performed and also recorded as his 2 Pieces for String Orchestra, Op.46b.
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1935-36)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ major, Op.46 (1939)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)