Since this work was first published after 1925 with the prescribed copyright notice, it is unlikely that this work is public domain in the USA. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted), the EU, and in those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years or less.
IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||Moscow: Muzgiz, 1936. Plate M. 14816 Г.
||Black and white scans.
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- I. Allegro giocoso ( = 120-126) - Poco più tranquillo quasi in tempo - Calzando - In tempo
- II. Andantino, quasi allegretto ( = 120) (in A minor) - Poco più mosso - Accelerando e cresc. - A tempo
- III. Quasi presto ( = 192-240 / = 120)
- IV. Andante sostenuto ( = 66) (in E major)
- V. Allegro con fuoco ( = 152)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1935-2-24 — Moscow
- Bolshoi Theatre Orchestra ; W.L. Kubatsky (conductor)
||1936 – Moscow: Muzgiz
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P260
||W.L. (Viktor) Kubatsky
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Early 20th century
- piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets (B♭/A),
- bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons
- 4 horns (F), 3 trumpets (B♭), 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, bass drum, cymbals, strings
Wikipedia article (German)
Notes to the complete recording (Russian Disc/Melodia/etc) give "1935" rather than 1933. Not sure if Tassie's book or Gulinskaia give any clarification as to date.
Dedicatee Viktor Kubatzki, cellist, seems to have also been a noted performer of Shostakovich's cello sonata?
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1935-36)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ major, Op.46 (1939)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)