This work is likely not in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1924, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments), nor in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||F minor (nominally)
- Un poco sostenuto. Allegro tumultuoso
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1928-04-29 in Moscow
- Persimfans (conductor-less orchestra)
||This work is claimed to be under copyright in the USA due to|
"restoration" via the GATT/TRIPS amendment (Section 104). NIE-V8001P260
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||Early 20th century
- 4 flutes (4th also piccolo), 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets (B♭),
- bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon
- 8 horns (F), 4 trumpets (B♭), 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, bass drum, cymbals, snare drum, tam-tam, strings
Symphony guide: Myaskovsky's 10th (Tom Service in The Guardian)
Saradjev had earlier given the premiere of the symphonic poem Silence (Op.9, also dedicated to him) in May 1911 in Moscow (and of Symphony 2, Op.11, June 1912); also premiered symphony no.8 Op.26.
Premiered, I think, by the conductorless orchestra Persimfans.
|Symphonies by Nikolay Myaskovsky
- Symphony No.1 in C minor, Op.3 (1908, rev.1921)
- Symphony No.2 in C♯ minor, Op.11 (1910-11)
- Symphony No.3 in A minor, Op.15 (1914)
- Symphony No.4 in E minor, Op.17 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.5 in D major, Op.18 (1917-18)
- Symphony No.6 in E♭ minor, Op.23 (1921-23)
- Symphony No.7 in B minor, Op.24 (1922)
- Symphony No.8 in A major, Op.26 (1924-25)
- Symphony No.9 in E minor, Op.28 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.10 in F minor, Op.30 (1926-27)
- Symphony No.11 in B♭ minor, Op.34 (1931)
- Symphony No.12 in G minor "October", Op.35 (1931-32)
- Symphony No.13 in B♭ minor, Op.36 (1933)
- Symphony No.14 in C major, Op.37 (1933)
- Symphony No.15 in D minor, Op.38 (1933-34)
- Symphony No.16 in F major, Op.39 (1935-36)
- Symphony No.17 in G♯ minor, Op.51 (1936-37)
- Symphony No.18 in C major, Op.42 (1937)
- Symphony No.19 in E♭ major, Op.46 (1939)
- Symphony No.20 in E major, Op.50 (1940)
- Symphony No.21 in F♯ minor, Op.51 (1940)
- Symphony No.22 in B minor "Ballade", Op.54 (1941)
- Symphony No.23 in A minor, Op.56 (1941)
- Symphony No.24 in F minor, Op.63 (1943)
- Symphony No.25 in D♭ major, Op.69 (1945-46, rev.1949)
- Symphony No.26 in C major "On Russian Themes", Op.79 (1948)
- Symphony No.27 in C minor, Op.85 (1949)