PDF typeset by composer
||The Joyce Book
||15 songs after lines by James Joyce
||Hirschfeld, C. René
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
- 1. Winds of May (voice, piano)
- 2. My love (voice, guitar, bass)
- 3. Cool is the valley (3 voices, bass, guitar or vibraphone ad libit.)
- 4. A stranger to me now (voice, guitar, melody instr. ad libit. /real book)
- 5. (H)air of witch (voice a capella)
- 6. Unto the pinewood (2 voices, piano)
- 7. No more (3 voices and guitar ad libit or 2 voices and 2 instrumentals)
- 8. What coucel (voice, piano)
- 9. Sleep now (voice, piano)
- 10. Why will you use me so (real book)
- 11. Love is aweary now (voice, piano)
- 12. On the beach (voice, bass, real book)
- 13. passing mad (voice, bass, real book)
- 14. Arise! (voice, piano)
- 15. Lightly come or lightly go (voice, piano)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||James Joyce (1882-1941)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||voice(s), partly a capella, mostly guitar or piano, partly as a real book (for specifics, see above, Contents)
15 songs after James Joyce. This work doesn't fit into any stylisitic category. It combines most exciting influences from songwriting, modern classical music and jazz.