||Exile - a Cantata Suite
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||9 choral movements, with 8 optional instrumental interludes
- From a Distance (various librettists, English and Latin)
- Oft him anhaga (The Wanderer, in Anglo-Saxon)
- Vivi pervenimus (Virgil, in Latin)
- Encima de las Corrientes (St John of the Cross, in Spanish; and Palestinian)
- Roberia (Cajupi, in Albanian)
- Kuinka me veisaisimme (Psalm in Finnish Bibles)
- Ergo submotum (Ovid, in Latin)
- Jakzebym (Makomaska, in Polish)
- Dawne lata (Makomaska, in Polish).
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||Anon Anglo-Saxon, Psalms, Andon Zako Cajupi (1866-1930), Robert Herrick (c.1591-1674), St John of the Cross (1542-1591), Anna Makomaska (1921-2017), Ovid (43BC-c.18), Edward Thomas (c.1878-1917) and Virgil (70BC-19BC).
||Albanian, Anglo-Saxon, English, Finnish, Latin, Palestinian, Polish, Spanish
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||mezzo-soprano, contralto, bass, mixed chorus (SATB), with optional flute, cello
||Instrumental Interludes for solo flute (nos.1,3 and 6), for solo cello (nos.2,5 and 7), duet for flute and cello (no.4) and with SSA chorus (no.8).
Some of the choral movements were given first performances in 2019.