PDF scanned by Daniel Van Gilst
||BnF F-Pn / Vm7-164 - Scans d'après un jeu de photocopies - La dernière cantate est incomplète.
||Cantates spirituelles, SdB.69-74
||Brossard, Sébastien de
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||6 sacred cantatas:
- Abraham ou le sacrifice d'Isaac (voice ("bas-dessus" (C1)), continuo)
- Samson trahi par Dalila (voice ("bas-dessus" (C1)), continuo)
- La chute de Salomon (voice ("bas-dessus" (C1)), violin (or flute), continuo)
- Judith ou la mort d'Holopherne (voice ("bas-dessus" (C1)), violin (or flute), continuo)
- Les trois enfants de la fournaise (voice (C3), orchestra)
- Baltassar (voice ("basse-taille" (F4)), 2 violins (or flutes or oboes), continuo)
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||voice, various instruments (see contents list above)
Some of the individual pages have interpreted "flute" as recorder, and it is possible. However, BnF normally abbreviates flute as "fl" and recorder as "fl à bec". These cantatas are simply "fl", i.e. transverse flute. Tagged for both, since it sounds like some of the recordings are using recorder.